- Location: Potts Point, NSW
- Category: Education & Training
Suite 408, 24-30 Springfield Avenue
Potts Point NSW 2011
Ph: 02 8068 7752
Primary Ethics’ classes support children to develop their moral reasoning capabilities. The focus is on skills development rather than the promotion of any particular view. We are the sole approved provider of ethics classes to NSW public schools and an independent Australian charity.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH PRIMARY ETHICS?
• work with a respected not-for-profit organisation
• develop new skills
• gain a better understanding of ethical issues, moral reasoning and broader philosophical considerations
• help children to develop important life-long skills
• meet new people and becoming part of a wonderful and inclusive organisation
• feel a sense of personal achievement and satisfaction
WHAT HAPPENS IN AN ETHICS CLASS?
In ethics classes students explore ethical issues through the give-and-take of reasoned argument. They learn to disagree respectfully, to challenge ideas and to support their arguments with considered evidence rather than according to habit or peer pressure.
WHAT ROLES COULD I VOLUNTEER FOR?
We are fortunate to have many wonderful people volunteer their time and energy in a range of volunteer roles. Primarily, we seek:
• Ethics Teachers to deliver our ethics classes
• Ethics Coordinators to manage our program in schools, and
• Regional Managers who work to develop all schools in their local district.
• Classroom Support team members to support our teachers
We also have short-term needs for skills such as videography, graphic design, administration, IT, project management and a range of other professional roles.