- Location: Across: Footscray VIC, Dandenong VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
We are looking for a commitment of 1 shift per week, with the possibility of moving to one shift per fortnight beyond this, ideally for 12 months. Shifts are available Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am – 2pm. Shifts are generally 4-5 hours each, though some weeks may require less hours based on demand. There is some flexibility to work outside business hours/remotely when required.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
About The ASRC
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is both a place and a movement. We are an independent not for profit, whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social wellbeing. As a movement, we mobilise and unite communities to create lasting social and policy change for people seeking asylum in Australia. We are proud to be owned and run by our community of volunteers and supporters. The ASRC employs over 100 staff and depends on over 1,000 dedicated volunteers to carry out programs that support and empower over 4,500 people seeking asylum each year.
About The Role
The Hub Triage Volunteer will be responsible for assisting people seeking asylum presenting to the ASRC’s Innovation Hub with high and complex needs or challenging circumstances. As a volunteer this is a great opportunity to provide support in identifying the right support pathways for our members and coordinate referrals both internally and externally.
- Ongoing support/advocacy for members of the Innovation Hub
- Triage and case coordination
- Secondary consultation and support of Innovation Hub staff & volunteers to identify members with high vulnerability or barriers to engagement
- Provide referrals - internal and external
- Coordinate and maintain database records
- Spreadsheet and data maintenance to monitor trends and gaps
- Assist in developing tools and resources to assist service delivery in the Innovation Hub
- Other duties as requested
What we’re looking for
- Accredited/qualified social worker and/or clinical psychologist
- Demonstrated experience in case planning and caseload management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, e.g. empathetic and genuine
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and client information management systems
- Understanding in Monitoring and Evaluation processes
This role is mostly based in ASRC Footscay, however you may be required to occasionally work from our Dandenong office.
To apply, you must fill in our application form available on the ASRC website.