- Location: Richmond VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
The volunteer is required to conduct presentations at a rate of approximately one session per fortnight or month. Minimum time commitment of twelve months.
- People with disability
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Working with Children Check *
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Application Form
- Reference Checks
- Induction Checks
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of The Fathering Project.
Do you have confidence to present to large groups? If you have enthusiasm and a desire to "make a difference" in the lives of fathers and children this Volunteer Presenter role may suit you. These presentations conducted by The Fathering Project trained presenters should motivate and inspire the participants to become involved in The Fathering Project programs leading to a greater number of fathers, and father figures, becoming better dads and partners.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Presenting to groups of fathers and father figures about the important role they play in their children's lives
- The volunteer must be available to conduct presentations after hours normally between 6pm – 9pm and the occasional weekend session
- The expectation is for volunteers to complete approximately 1 session per fortnight/month depending on demand
- Volunteers are expected to complete the Training course
Key Skills and Experience:
- Enthusiasm & a desire to “make a difference” in the lives of fathers and children
- Confidence to present to large groups of dads
- Presentation experience preferred but not essential
Training: The informal Training course is designed to give The Fathering Project presenters the essential & important information and skills to conduct an effective and positive The Fathering Project presentation. Successful candidates will be issued with a “Letter of Authorisation” which authorises them to deliver presentations on behalf of The Fathering Project.
- Satisfaction from having a significant impact on the lives of the men, their families, their school and the community
- Enhanced presentation skills
- Professional and personal networking opportunities
- Fun and enjoyment in a social environment
- Invites to special activities and events conducted by The Fathering Project
Note: Presentations are generally conducted at specific primary or high schools. The role can be completed from home or any location.