All applicants must submit an application form and read the position description, which can be found on NRCH Website under 'Get Involved'
To provide a supportive environment to enhance academic achievement amongst primary and secondary school students residing on the Richmond Housing Estate.
- Encourage students attending the program in their academic studies, assisting and tutoring where possible.
- Engage students with educational games
- Provide social support including, mentoring and positive role models to students.
- Encourage students to form social connections with other students in the Program.
- Monitor student progress both academic and social within the group and report on and record appropriate information in consultation with the Group Coordinator.
- To raise any concerns about individual students or the Homework Support Program with the Group Coordinator as they arise.
Key Selection Criteria
- Able to assist students in with their homework, in particular, Maths or Science
- Facilitate educational games with younger students
- Able to relate to students in a friendly and positive manner
- Able to communicate information clearly to students
- Be patient and flexible
- Have an understanding of the student’s backgrounds and how this may impact on their studies
- Able to practice/provide services in a manner that is sensitive and responsive to cultural requirements
- Have a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
A Volunteer Application Form MUST be submitted. Form and Position Description is on our website under 'Get Involved'. NRCH will pay for your Police Check.