WebEOC Operator (Computer Systems Operator)DFES Lower South West Region
WebEOC is a web-enabled Emergency Operations Centre and is the preferred management system used by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services for incident management and emergencies.
The Lower South West WebEOC team provides computer based technical support during incidents such as bushfires, storms, land search, large structural fires, and floods. Normally located at an Incident Control Centre or Regional Operations Centre where incident coordination is conducted, the team will be deployed to assist with the management of incident documentation, registration of resources, computer data analysis and incident mapping.
To start this new team, we are currently seeking volunteers who have a drive to support their communities during an emergency, work with technological equipment and work with emergency service personnel in a fast-paced environment.
Training is provided through the DFES regional office and is encouraged to maintain skills currency throughout the year.
Volunteering is an opportunity to become an integral part of our fun, hardworking team and offers many benefits such as:
- Ongoing training with experienced trainers
- Support, guidance and mentoring from experienced volunteers
- Access to DFES Wellness Branch (critical incident follow-up, Peer Support Officers, counselling, and chaplain services)
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people and enjoying the company of like-minded team members
- Applying your skills and knowledge in a challenging environment
- Contributing to the safety of your local community