Incident Control Vehicle (ICV) Team MemberDFES Lower South West Region
The Lower South West ICV team provides communications and technical support during incidents such as bushfires, storms, land search, large structural fires, and floods. Normally located at an Operations Point where emergency services gather before going to combat an incident, the team deploys the Incident Control Vehicle to assist with the management of incident communications, registration of resources, computer data analysis and incident coordination.
To continually develop the ICV team’s capabilities, we are currently seeking new members who have a drive to support their communities during an emergency, work with technological equipment such as radios and computers and work with emergency service personnel in a fast-paced environment.
Volunteering is an opportunity to become an integral part of our fun, hardworking team and offers many benefits such as:
- Ongoing training with experienced trainers
- Support, guidance and mentoring from experienced volunteers
- Access to DFES Wellness Branch (critical incident follow-up, Peer Support Officers, counselling, and chaplain services)
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people and enjoying the company of like-minded team members
- Applying your skills and knowledge in a challenging environment
- Contributing to the safety of your local community