In2Singing Volunteer Facilitator-lead our online clubs from the comfort of your home!Inclusee
- Do you love music and have 2 hours and 15 minutes per week?
- Are you always singing along to the radio or your favourite Spotify playlist?
- Would you like to connect seniors with their favourite music and have a sing-along?
- Are you looking for a flexible volunteer role, where you can volunteer from the comfort of your own home? Then look no further, we have the perfect role for you!
Music is a powerful tool to enhance memory, brings joy and reduces loneliness.
Inclusee is an innovative organisation supporting seniors in our community for nearly 50 years! At Inclusee, we believe in using the power of technology to reduce isolation and loneliness through our social connection program, digital mentoring, virtual community centre and online clubs. There has never been a better time for seniors and volunteers to get online and stay online.
About the role
We are seeking a Volunteer Facilitator to support our In2Singing (Interest2Enjoy) Online Club, on Tuesdays 3:00-5:00pm.
As a Interest2Enjoy Facilitator, you will be responsible for:
- Sharing the joy of music, using Spotify/Karaoke function.
- Encouraging Participants to join-in and sing-along to their favourite songs.
- Ensuring everyone is included and feels welcome.
- Following lesson plans provided.
- Greeting Participants as they arrive for the session.
- Basic troubleshooting, if required.
- Completing basic administration such as logging shifts in Polixen App and completing Monthly Support Review forms, so we can support you.
- Working in a safe manner and reporting any incidents or concerns.
- Reviewing/responding to emails/calls in a timely manner.
- Completing online training, where required and attending recognition events, as required.
- Abiding by the organisation's policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Having fun!
Why volunteer with us?
- Virtual volunteer role with minimal investment of time.
- Ongoing personal and professional development, including access to Lifeline online training.
- Free anonymous telephone counselling.
- Monthly e-newsletter.
- Reference (conditions apply).
- Annual online conference
- Award winning organisation that is committed to innovation in the Aged Care and Volunteer sector.
If you would like to Join in and make a difference whilst gaining new skills, utilising existing skills, expanding your networks, increasing your employability, and potentially gaining a reference, apply now! We aim to complete the onboarding process in less than 7-14 days.
We have other Interest2Enjoy roles available if singing or timeslot does not suit. Check out our other roles on our website or Volunteering Queensland volunteer vacancies.