We are looking for 'Community Connector' Volunteers across the Council areas of Casey, Greater Dandenong, Yarra Ranges, Moreland and Darebin.
As a Community Connector, you will:
- Research and identify the potential community connection activities available;
- Support a person with a disability to build connections in their community;
- Facilitate this community connection through the tools and training that will be provided.
As a Community Connector, you will benefit by:
- Gaining a greater sense of community and belonging;
- The satisfaction of being helpful to the community, sharing your skills, and making a positive difference in a persons life;
- Expanding your friendships and professional networks;
- Gaining community development and facilitation experience;
- Being part of a network of Community Connectors – sharing and learning;
- Receiving attractive benefits through our volunteer reward system The Sharing Tree;
- Being part of an innovative project, seeing it grow and develop; and
- A greater sense of wellbeing, purpose, and meaning in your life.