A community-based not-for-profit organisation requires volunteers to assist in providing services aimed at keeping the frail aged and those with a disability in touch with the community and enhancing their quality of life.
Volunteers are required for a variety of roles:-
- Assist and encourage an elderly person to exercise by becoming a walking companion.
- Assist people who cannot maintain their gardens because of frailty or disability.
- Assist with taking bookings and other general administration tasks.
- Transport clients - cars and training provided.
- Help frail elderly, or people with a disability, to look after their pets.
- Committee member.
All roles are Centrelink approved for eligible participants. Volunteers with limited English are welcome to apply. Volunteers 18 years and over may apply. Evening and weekend volunteering available. Training and support provided. Police Check required. Two personal referees required.