About the Organization HIGHFIELDS Pioneer Village is dedicated to preserving the Darling Downs history. With over 20 acres of picturesque land and more than 70 faithfully restored buildings of historic interest, visitors are able to see what life was like for the pioneers who once settled in the region. This exciting village possesses a host of features including a large range of vintage and farm machinery and an animal nursery for the kids.
The village is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers, offering a range of options for the community. The objects of the Association was to collect items of historic interest and preserve them so present and future generations could gain an insight into the way our forefathers lived and worked.
The Highfields Pioneer Village provides a range of Hospitality services including the following:
- A basic menu at the Village Servery including Billy Tea and Damper
- Picnic Facilities, Village Hall, Weddings and Photographs
- School Group Excursions and Seniors Memory Tours
- A small range of souvenirs and gifts
- Disabled access and Toilets
About the Role Highfields Pioneer Village currently has a number of positions available for motivated and committed people to work in a retail and cafe environment located at the Pioneer Village, Highfields QLD 4352. These roles range from Monday through till Sunday and are dependent on weekly requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need….
- Experience in retail hospitality or willingness to learn
- Live within proximity of Toowoomba
- Have own reliable transport or be prepared to stay onsite
- Confident to handle cash sales and deal with customer needs
- Have a positive attitude towards customer service
- Work well within a team and fellow Volunteers
- Willingness to learn new skills including pricing and restocking shelves and food preparation
- Be respectful of the environment and working within a museum
- Candidates with food handler's certificate are preferred- free online training provided
Free Training is provided and own transport is required unless you are staying onsite Once successful applicants must complete a Working with Children Safety Check and Volunteer Induction
- Reference at the end of probationary period
- Work available from now to April 2023
- Great team environment