- Location: Portarlington VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Sundays from 10am to 4:30pm - additional times and details available from agency. Wednesdays from 10am to 4:30pm during school holidays.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Groups of 10 or more
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Driving & Transportation
- Trades & Maintenance
Induction & training provided in all roles on site.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Medical Check *
Compliant to the role of your choice.
- pleasantly happy disposition,
- a non-judgemental with good communication skills,
- able to work as part of a team.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Assist in the operation of our miniature railway station.
We have numerous role and here is the short descriptions: Driver / Signal Operation / Guard / Maintenance Crew etc. Collect and check tickets at the station platform, provide public direction and customer service. Operate the Station Kiosk i.e. selling tickets, souvenirs, drinks, ice creams etc etc. Working the Signal Box to direct trains safely around the railway. Drive and Guard trains on the railway. There is an opportunity to graduate to a driver. Carry out various maintenance works at the railway to ensure the upkeep and expansion of our organisation and the service we offer to the general public.