- Location: Greenway ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3 hour shifts Mon - Sat
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Organisation Induction and Program Orientation
- Working with Children Check *
Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication, listening and people skills
• Retail experience (preferred)
• Customer service skills
• Basic computer skills
• Able to work effectively autonomously and in a team
• Cash handling experience
• Positive, can do attitude
• Ability to prioritise and work diligently
• Comfortable interacting with vulnerable people
• Warm, friendly, outgoing and people focused
• Empathetic, compassionate and non-judgemental
• Organised with good attention to detail
• Able to work with the program’s stakeholders and team members in a friendly, helpful and respectful manner
• Willing to accept the organisation’s vision, mission and values and represent the organisation within the framework
• Working with Vulnerable People Registration
• Attendance at a Communities at Work Volunteer Induction
• Role specific induction and training
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Communities at Work’s social programs serve the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Canberra and the surrounding region, including low income families and individuals, the homeless, women and children fleeing domestic violence and at-risk young people. We provide a continuum of care for clients which addresses their immediate needs and deliver services that empower people to create better futures.
By providing food, clothing, essential services and skills training, Communities at Work empowers people to create better futures and helps foster independence, resilience and social connection.
Communities at Work’s Best Dressed Store will stock excess pre-loved, donated clothing and all funds raised through the store will go to supporting our social programs.
• Serving customers • Using the cash register and Eftpos machine • Sorting donated clothing (on site at the store and at the Tuggeranong Community Centre) • Tidying and cleaning • Restocking clothing • Being a champion of Communities at Work – talking to customers about Communities at Work’s programs and mission in the community