- Location: Brigadoon WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Approximately 5 hours, but at the moment we specifically need people for just a few hours in the afternoons. Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays: 8am- onwards
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Disability Support
An induction training program and on-the-job training provided
Tea/coffee/milo and microwave available
- National Police Certificate *
Must be interested working with horses and people with disabilities.
You do not need experience working with horses, however, this would be an advantage.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The role of Horse Volunteers is to assist the centre coach with the care, welfare and preparation of our horses and ponies on days when Horsepower sessions are held.
There's a range of task that we'd love you to help us with:
- to work with the horse during RDA sessions under the direction of the centre coach.
- to work with and assist the client during RDA sessions under the direction of the centre coach.
- Assist the coaches to set up various activities and tasks prior to and during RDA sessions in the arena.
- Lead horses or assist riders in sessions.
- Help with the care and grooming of horses.
- Help with the training of horses for our programs.
- Help with stable management and cleaning tack.
An induction training program and on-the-job training is provided.