- Location: Carlisle WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
1.5 to 2 hours on Fridays
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Food Preparation & Service
- Disability Support
- National Police Certificate *
Due to the nature of our industry All volunteers must have the ability be able to provide a satisfactory National Police Certificate that is less than 3 months old, a passport and or birth certificate as proof of right to work in Australia and 100 points of Identification. All Volunteers are also required to sign a Statutory Declaration before they can commence Volunteer work at the Centre.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Harold Hawthorne Community Centre is a not for profit organisation based in Carlisle within the Town of Victoria Park. This vibrant community centre runs various community activities, provides care to people living in their own homes, independent living retirement village and social housing units. Our centre is dedicated to assisting seniors and younger people with disabilities to remain in their own home and continue to live independently within their community.
The Centre is currently seeking 2 volunteers to assist at Harrys Diner on Fridays between 11.30am and 2pm.
- Greet and assist with seating diners.
- Serving of meals and beverages.
- Clear tables of crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Sort, wrap and roll cutlery.
- Wipe tables, chairs and other surfaces.
- Promote safety by following organisational operational health and safety requirements and guidelines
- Communicate respectfully with all individuals including volunteers, clients, representatives, employees and the community
- A strong commitment to working with older people and young people with disabilities
- A satisfactory Police clearance (we can arrange this for you with your written consent and identification)
- A caring and compassionate personality with a commitment to enhancing Clients Independence, Dignity and Comfort.
- The ability to work as part of a team and autonomously with minimal supervision.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.