- Location: Weston ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Weston Creek Community Centre - Tuesdays 9am - 1:30pm and Thursday 9am - 4pm Ngunnawal Neighbourhood Centre - Wednesdays 9:30am - 2pm and Fridays 10am - 2:30pm Gungahlin Men’s shed - Fridays 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Wheelchair Access
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Organisation Induction and Program Orientation
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Assisting with the coordination and running of activities such as craft, games and conversation
- Providing support to members of the group
- Chatting with and relating to group members
- Helping with the set up and pack down of activities
- Assisting with the weekly raffle
- Other general activities as directed
Skills and Experience:
- Conversational skills.
- Experience with arts and crafts (essential).
- Empathy and an unprejudiced, caring attitude.
- Fun and light-hearted demeanor.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Are you a patient, caring person? Do you enjoy arts and crafts? Do you like interacting with and helping people? Becoming a Seniors Activities Assistant could be the perfect role for you!
Our programs provide a stimulating and relaxed environment for seniors to meet and enjoy a range of activities. We are looking for a fun individual to help with the coordination of our group and provide support to our members.
Activities include art and craft projects, workshops, support and information, lunches, exercise classes, group excursions.