- Location: Taree NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Once a month
- Families with Children
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Tutoring & Coaching
Training prior to commencement of volunteer service
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are seeking to recruit volunteer Aunt and Uncle mentors to be matched to a disadvantaged child in the Taree region.
The volunteer/s will provide friendship and mentoring to a vulnerable child living in difficult circumstances giving the experience and benefits of a stable relationship and an extended family.
- Be over 21 years and up to 65 years old
- Attend training
- Current driver`s licence
- Physically fit
Volunteers are also required to see their linked child for one day per month on the weekend or perhaps during school holidays. After 6 months this may increase to one overnight stay per month provided the volunteer has a spare bedroom and the child is happy to stay over.