- Location: Ormond VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- National Police Certificate *
Membership of the Historical Society required - $15 annually
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Are you interested in local history? Are you a good communicator? Do you have some free time once a month?
A local historical society requires volunteers to provide a welcome to visitors and assist with showing them around the museum collection on open days on the last Sunday of the month. They also provide general supervision and security whilst visitors are in the museum and can also assist when groups visit at other times. Volunteers may chose to assist with general maintenance tasks such as dusting exhibits, re-arranging exhibits and light gardening, and with manually cataloguing the exhibits. Volunteers must be members of the Museum and be aged 18 years and over.