- Location: Morphett Vale SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
Flexible hours available
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
Safe Environments for Children and Young People and Safe & Respectful Workplace training is provided
- Working with Children Check *
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
OVERVIEW: Lutheran Community Care provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in SA and NT through a range of programs. We support communities through responding to the needs of individuals and families, community development, learning opportunities, accommodation and support. Current programs include foster care, emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter, refugee services and Op Shops.
Lutheran Community Care's Outer Southern Generic Homelessness Service (OSGHS) provides support to families, couples and singles who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Onkaparinga Council area and surrounds.
The OSGHS is focused on supporting people to meet their housing needs and move quickly from homelessness to housing stability. We support people as they identify personal issues in their lives that have contributed to their current housing situation.
ROLE SUMMARY The aim and objective of this role is to provide administration support to the Outer Southern Generic Homelessness Service Team and assist with photocopying, compiling folders, filing and assisting clients with online rental applications and forms.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS Volunteering with LCC is subject to: • a satisfactory Working with Children Check • Safe Environments for Children and Young People • Safe & Respectful Workplace Training Lutheran Community Care will meet the cost of the special conditions listed above.
EXTENT OF AUTHORITY This position reports to the Team Leader and Manager, Outer Southern Generic Homelessness Service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: • Assist with photocopying • Compile folders • Bind workbooks • Print and organise mailouts as required. • File documents (physical and electronic) and shred documents as required. • Assist clients with online rental applications and forms • Assist staff with event set up • Other duties as required. • Adhere to and support LCC’s policies and procedures. • Model ethical behaviour and practice consistent with the Christian ethos of Lutheran Community Care as outlined in the Code of Conduct and stated Values and Philosophy. • Adhere to LCC’s Service Standards respecting the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families accessing services. • At all times provide a welcoming, hospitable atmosphere. • Promote and adhere to LCC’s Work Health and Safety guidelines. Maintain a safe and healthy workplace, identify and act upon potential workplace hazards and identify and implement procedures to manage and minimise risks within your team environment. • Use safe practice if working alone. • Give notice to the Volunteer Coordinator if you are unable to meet your commitments.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES: • Intermediate computer skills, including competence in the Microsoft environment. • Ability to show initiative, work independently and exercise good time management. • High level of written and verbal English language skills. • High level of interpersonal skills, including over the telephone. • Ability to use office equipment (i.e. laminator, printer, etc). • Commitment to regular volunteer service. • Ability to be non-judgemental and welcoming to people from all cultures and backgrounds. • Ability to relate to volunteers and clients with care, courtesy, respect and dignity. • Ability to work in a team environment. • A knowledge of the Lutheran Church of Australia is preferable but not essential.