- Location: Melbourne Airport VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3 years. Members must be prepared to commit approximately 5 hours per month as required to develop policies, set up governance structures or systems or provide strategic guidance & mentorship relevant to their position on the Board and their area expertise. Such work may often take the form or participation in a working group or sub-committee.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
The outgoing Secretary will provide a handover and induction.
Pre-approved expenses can be reimbursed.
- National Police Certificate *
- Proven experience in working with non-profit Boards and a good understanding of not for profit governance process, procedures and best practice;
- Strong communication skills;
- Time and commitment;
- Commitment to Yogahood Australia's mission;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking;
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Negotiation, facilitation and networking skills;
- Ability to work with others;
- Local knowledge, connection to yoga community and familiarity or engagement with local issues;
- Must not be listed as a banned or disqualified person on the ASIC register.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a member of our Board, you’ll play a key role in the governance of the organisation, serving as a custodian of Yogahood Australia's mission and values, and ensuring compliance and effective risk management. You’ll join an exceptional team of current Board members, and have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experts in their fields.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for yoga outreach and yoga service
- Prioritises diversity and inclusivity within organisations
- Strives to always work with humility and integrity
- Understands the non-profit legal, constitutional, and regulatory environment
- Has experience in legal, non-profit Board function, governance or compliance
- Has previous experience volunteering, working or campaigning for non-profits
As a member of Yogahood Australia's Board, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring organisational compliance with statutory governance obligations
- Organisational adherence to Yogahood Australia's Constitution, and alignment of strategy with its vision, mission and values
- Holding the CEO and Executive team accountable for delivery of our strategy
- Supporting Yogahood Australia's programs and initiatives through personal participation, fundraising contributions and / or ambassadorship
- Consistent Board meeting attendance and timely offline engagement
As Company Secretary, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Chair to administer an effective Board
- Managing the retention of Board documents and records, including the Board meeting records archive and member register
- Assuring the timely lodgement of statutory reporting, including annual accounts, annual information statements, and change in director notices
- Supporting the organisation of Board meetings, including scheduling, coordination, giving notice, managing election processes, and taking minutes
- Ensuring that Board Directors are aware of and supported to fulfil their duties
- When required, leading Board Director recruitment processes
- Providing support to induct new Board Directors and management
- Minimum three-year term
- On average, about one to two hours a week. The Board meets approximately six times a year, in Melbourne or virtually
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.