- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Perth WA, Brisbane City QLD, Darwin NT, Hobart TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
1-2 hours a week + quarterly meetings
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Project Didi Australia strives for futures of hope, dignity and independence for survivors of trafficking and abuse. We partner with locally-led organisations in Nepal to support women and girls to reclaim their lives after violence. We raise awareness and advocate for action to end gender-based violence & modern slavery with our community in Australia.
We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated volunteer Treasurer to join our Board.
**Applications close 9am AEST, Monday 28 September **
THE OPPORTUNITY Use your strong financial management skills to contribute to meaningful change for women and girls. Gain experience in the international development sector, playing a key role in a growing and dynamic organisation tackling issues of gender-based violence, inequality and human rights. Work from anywhere joining our team of 20+ volunteers based across Australia. You will:
- Provide financial management and oversight, maintaining accurate records, reconciling bank statements and managing cash flow, ensuring Project Didi uses its finances in an impactful and transparent way.
- Ensure Project Didi is compliant with the relevant regulatory bodies, including managing the annual financial audit process.
- Drive financial forecasting and risk management, preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Drive review and improvement of financial governance, helping to develop, communicate and maintain strong internal controls.
- Support our local partner organisation in Nepal on budget development for grant applications and reporting.
- Communicate with and update the board of financial events, concerns and our financial status.
- Experienced in accounting, bookkeeping, online record keeping.
- Experienced with not-for-profit finance (desirable but not essential).
- Experienced in budget forecasting for strategic and program proposals.
- Skilled in presenting financial information in a clear and understandable way for all audiences.
- Strongly committed to financial transparency and sustainability.
- Skilled in working consistently, to deadline, while working remotely, voluntarily and largely independently.
REQUIREMENTS OF A BOARD MEMBER Project Didi has a small, collaborative Board that takes an “all pitch in” approach. Our Board is more involved in the day-to-day management of the organisation than a typical Board.
The Board meets every 1-2 months (remotely and in-person). The minimum requirements for the Treasurer role are outlined below. Depending on interest/availability, the Treasurer can choose to participate in the wider strategic planning and organisational management.
As a Project Didi Board Member you will be required to:
- Commit to the role for at least 1 year.
- Commit approximately 1-2 days of work a month (1-2 hours a week). You may choose how you distribute these hours over the month.
- Attend 3 hour Board meetings quarterly, including the AGM, and present on Project Didi’s current financial status. These can be attended remotely.
- Respond to emails requiring Board input within 48 hours (these emails are fortnightly at most).
- Be aware of, disclose and refrain from any conflict of interest.
- Assist with fundraising and act as a spokesperson for Project Didi, where needed.
APPLY: Please send your CV, along with a short cover letter (maximum a page), to projectdidiaustralia[at]gmail[dot]com. Please note if you are shortlisted we will complete a reference check and require you to undertake a Police Check.
QUESTIONS: Please contact our current Treasurer, Clare, at the email above or on 0474 891 726.
_We are strengthened by the diversity of our team at Project Didi Australia. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that all team members are able to fulfill the essential functions of their roles. _
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.