- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Banyule VIC, Camberwell East VIC, Burwood VIC, Heidelberg VIC, Fitzroy VIC, Collingwood VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
5-10 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Groups of 10 or more
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Education & Training
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Food Preparation & Service
- IT & Web Development
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
- Disability Support
Out of pocket expenses for delivering programs.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Great communication skills (verbal and written);
- Passion for community services and experience;
- Potential or established leadership qualities;
- Down to earth people;
- Values driven people with Integrity and Honesty;
- 18+ years of age.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
What do LEO Clubs do? LEO Clubs are a youth organisation of Lions Clubs International.
The word "LEO" stands for Leadership, Experience, Opportunity.
LEO clubs encourage youths to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities.
Why should I join an LEO/Lions Club? Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time.
There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life. Lions are doing good- for others and for themselves.
Joining a local LEO or Lions club is a great way to network with other people in your community, make a difference and make new friends.
Your position is negotiable on your skills, experience, availability, passion, resources, etc.
LEO's work together to deliver projects that will help to make the world a better place!
LEO' s serve their communities; gain experience; learn new skills; have fun; make friends; develop teams; become leaders; seize opportunities; build a better future.
Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time. There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life! ____
Tasks and duties
- Liaising with the community and the organisation to understand their needs and establishing the aims and agenda of the event.
- Researching elements related to particular events, such as public relations, marketing, risk, opportunities, styling, food, and venues.
- Ensuring that volunteers for the event are hired, supervised, and briefed.
- Monitoring the event as it's taking place and resolving issues if they arise.
Event Coordinators work closely with the Event Managers/Club Officers. The main difference between the two roles is that Event Coordinators tend to work with clients to achieve their aims, whereas Event Managers take particular responsibility for monitoring the event while it is occurring and resolving issues as they arise.
Individuals who are organised, have excellent communication skills, and can work well in a fast-paced environment make good event coordinators.