- Location: Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
2 - 3 days per week, as negotiated with Manager, up to 16 hours per week. School hours suitable.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
Orientation and induction provided
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A core value of the Salvation Army is to support the basic needs of individuals and communities whilst making a positive difference in the world. This is your chance to make a real difference to the lives of our most disadvantaged in our community.
The Administration and Data Entry Assistant volunteer role provides administration services to support the Sydney Congress Hall site as required. You will have experience in administration and enjoy working in an office environment. Safety and well-being of self and others is vital and there is a requirement to identify and report hazards and incidents.
To succeed in this volunteer role, you will need to be conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel and be an efficient typist. You will have a positive and friendly disposition with an excellent phone manner, and appreciate a high attention to detail and be task orientated. You will need to be reliable, trustworthy and respectful of the differing views and rights of others, and be able to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
A typical day will see you undertaking general office duties, including data entry, administrative tasks such as record keeping and responding to emails, and referring people to appropriate Salvation Army services. The particular project with which this role is tasked is the administration of the volunteer records and updating the database.
Bring a friend! This role is suitable for jobshare. Please advise your availability in the expression of interest and a brief outline of your skills and experience. Due to the nature of this role, only candidates with experience in data entry and administration will be considered.
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Fully complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Integrity checks will be a requirement of this role.
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules and any other training as required
Roster & Time Commitment
- 2 - 3 days per week, as negotiated with Manager, up to 16 hours per week. School hours suitable.
- Please indicate your availability in your expression of interest
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.