- Location: Gladstone QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
◾ Shift Times negotiable anytime with site visiting hours being 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Sunday ◾ Minimum of 2.5 hours per shift
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Mediation & Advocacy
An induction, orientation and training will be provided on commencement.
Approved expenses incurred by a volunteer will be reimbursed.
- National Police Certificate *
▪ Volunteers must have a valid Flu vaccination (certificate/ letter)
▪ Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
▪ Any customer service experience would be advantageous
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Blue Care is committed to empowering people through disability services and independent and supported retirement living to live life their way by providing holistic care, service and companionship.
This volunteer opportunity will help to connect families and friends safely with their loved ones. The prevention of the transmission of COVID-19 into our residential care facilities is of paramount importance.
This role is crucial to the social and physical well-being of our senior residents in care by helping families and friends connect with loved ones during visiting hours and maintain a high standard of preventative measures.
We welcome volunteers who are confident, empathetic and patient in interacting with a diverse range of people and those looking to make a meaningful difference by keeping our senior community safe and connected.
Edenvale Residential Aged Care facility is a great location to volunteer being a modern facility with spacious grounds, beautiful gardens and sea views. We are a friendly team and friendly fostera homely working environment.
Tasks involved include: ▪ Interacting with visitors ▪ Asking entry criteria questions ▪ Checking temperatures ▪ Promoting good hand hygiene ▪ Sighting flu vaccination certificates ▪ Maintaining the visitor register
This is a great opportunity to: ▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference ▪ Enjoy social interaction with others ▪ Develop strong customer service skills
▪ Volunteers must have a valid Flu vaccination (certificate/ letter) ▪ Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills ▪ Any customer service experience would be advantageous
Please note that it will take 2-4 weeks for checks to be completed before undertaking induction, orientation to commence in this role.