- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Camberwell VIC, Banyule VIC, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
10 hours per week/fortnight (Negotiable)
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Tasks and duties
- Analysing project requirements and designing solutions and features.
- Creating wireframes and virtual prototypes to illustrate project specifics.
- Using computer software and hardware to write and modify programming code.
- Testing code for bugs and implementing improvements and fixes.
- Developing testing and validation processes.
- Deploying code to the live environment.
- Backing up a website to mitigate risk in event of disaster or online attacks.
- Controlling and enforcing ongoing security and safe hosting of websites through testing processes and liaising with other technical professionals such as web-security experts.
Like other Software Developers, Web Developers may work freelance on a contractual basis. They are commonly employed in large tech companies, digital agencies or within IT departments of other businesses.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.