- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, Brisbane City QLD, Canberra ACT, Perth WA, Adelaide SA, Hobart TAS, Darwin NT, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Whilst all contributions are helpful, Make Your Change is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute 1 day a week over the first 3 weeks in this role to help with on-boarding and any systems training. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Administration & Office Management
A positive, “can-do” attitude with a willingness to help advance the environmental movement and positively promote the organisation.
Attention to detail.
Quality and continuous improvement mindset.
Project management skills, with an ability to stay organised and focused on assigned tasks.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
- Make Your Change™️ (MYC) exists to amplify people-power by connecting and strengthening individual and organisational ‘Changemakers™️’. We are striving to be a positive and driving force that enables the environmental movement in Australia to realise its full potential.
- Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Justice: We factor resolving injustice against people and all living things in our decision making, and incorporate intersectional environmentalism into everything we do.
- Information: Being informed by credible sources is the key to being both effective and confident in our change effort.
- Action: We want to focus on positive action and empowerment that achieves outcomes. We turn negative news stories into tangible, effective action people can take.
- People Power: We believe that mass mobilisation of the public is critical to climate and environmental success.
- Professionalism: We can only win if we are effective in both design and execution.
- Comfort in Uncertainty: We don’t claim to have all the answers but we are open to learning and new ways of thinking. We take comfort in the challenge of discovering new opportunities, figuring it out as we go along.
- Live the Change: We lead by example and embody the systemic and sustained change we need to see in the world.
- Make Your Change is seeking Recruitment Coordinators who can help us unlock volunteer talent by building and operating recruitment processes that connect great people to amazing experiences.
- We have a variety of volunteer roles suiting a range of experience levels. You don’t need to be an expert in one or any of the fields below. Enthusiastic team players that support the vision will be preferred.
What your contribution could look like, and where we need your help:
- Support co-founders in designing the target organisational model, recruitment needs, and position descriptions.
- Engage with potential volunteers to understand skills, motivational and cultural fit.
- Help design and implement onboarding processes that help new volunteers to embody our values, use our tools and make maximum impact as soon as possible.
- Identify opportunities to improve our recruitment processes to help us scale quickly and sustainably.
It would be super nice if you have:
- Experience or, at least, an interest in the environmental and climate movement.
- Experience working in recruitment, HR, managing teams or talent, or working within the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience with work management tools, such as ClickUp, Asana, Trello.
- Existing networks from which you can source skilled volunteers.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.