- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Banyule VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Doncaster VIC, Collingwood VIC, St Kilda VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Translating & Interpreting
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Companionship & Social Support
- Writing & Editing
- Disability Support
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Tasks and duties
- Providing strategic operational support, such as advice to senior management on facilities, financials and information services.
- Managing organisational resources.
- Analysing complex resource issues and preparing reports, summaries and submissions.
- Developing administrative, financial and operational guidelines for staff.
- Leading, developing and managing the administrative team to ensure smooth operations.
- Promoting new initiatives and representing the organisation at functions.