- Location: Daw Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Includes manual handling, food safety, infection control, introduction to dementia and ACH group
- National Police Certificate *
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
ViTA's Transition Care Program helps older people get stronger and healthier in order to return home after a hospital stay. The older people here (we call them customers) really enjoy their movies on Friday afternoons, so we need a volunteer who is able-bodied and friendly to collect customers from their rooms, help them walk or push them in a wheelchair to the movie room, put on the film for them, watch it with them while keeping an eye on them to see if they need any help, and then escort them back to their rooms.
Volunteer must have excellent verbal communication due to our customers having poor hearing. You must be able to divide your attention between the film and the customers.
Desirable criteria for this volunteer are: • A genuine interest in older people • Punctuality, reliability and dependability • Well-developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills including effective communication with older people with memory loss. • Effective written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrated energy and enthusiasm to effectively contribute as an individual as well as within a team environment • A desire to give of self for the betterment of the broader community • A positive and can do attitude • An ability to work with older people as well as people with varied backgrounds and possess values that recognise and support personal, cultural and lifestyle differences. • An ability to accept direction when required and initiative to work independently
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.