- Location: Carlton TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Various shifts (minimum of 4hrs/shift) available Mondays 10am - 2pm, Wednesdays 10am - 2pm and Fridays 1pm to 5pm - please advise your availability in your expression of interest.
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Induction, orientation and on the job training provided
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Integrity checks may be required
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Salvation Army Thrift Stores are a vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering a few hours per week as a Retail Assistant helping with sales, merchandising and quality control.
A typical day as a retail assistant will see you attending to customer needs whilst maintaining a welcoming environment, contributing to a positive in-store experience. The Store Assistant supports the Store Manager in operations of the store ensuring quality customer service, sorting of donated goods, pricing and maintaining the general appearance and upkeep of the shop. Equally important, all Store Assistants are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit amongst the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
Experience in customer service is favorable but not required as you will receive on the job training and support. Your attention to detail and a desire for order and sparkle will be assets in this role, as will your upbeat and friendly attitude.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Customer service, retail or merchandising experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Fully complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Integrity Checks may be required if working with team members under the age of 18
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Roster & time commitment
• Various shifts (minimum of 4hrs/shift) available Mondays 10am - 2pm, Wednesdays 10am - 2pm and Fridays 1pm to 5pm - please advise your availability in your expression of interest.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.