- Location: Castlemaine VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Animal Welfare
Shifts vary, minimum of 3 hours.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Food Preparation & Service
Induction and Orientation
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
An enthusiastic attitude, commitment and reliability are needed in this role.
Minimum shift of 3 hours.
This Op Shop is COVID Safe and you will be required to take additional steps such as surface cleaning and hand hygiene in this role.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
What you will be doing:
Providing customer service to ensure an excellent shopping experience. • Stock merchandising. • Processing “new” stock and applying pricing. • Keeping the store tidy & maintaining safe work practices. • Sorting and preparing donated goods.
To be successful in the shop assistant role, volunteers will need to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• The ability to work in a team and achieve objectives. • Good time management, presentation and efficiency. • Good organisational skills. • Task orientated. • Creativity and lots of wonderful retail ideas.
At MAAW, we have a strong customer service culture and we believe we can maintain that only if our new team members are committed, motivated and enthusiastic about volunteering, and customer service. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.