- Location: Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Animal Welfare
Attendance at all monthly meetings, general meetings and other duties as required. Up to 4 days per month may be required. Flexible part time hours and work from home.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
- Recruit & interview potential volunteers and make recommendations to the Board
- Provide leadership training to team leaders
- Chair a Membership Sub-Committee and coordinate assistants where required
- Monitor and record the training & development of our volunteers
- Liaise with Team Leaders to ensure all volunteers are well supported
- Oversee volunteer induction processes
- Actively contributing to all matters under discussion at the Board level, and voting on issues in the financial, programs, fundraising and administrative areas of the organisation.
- Contributing to other duties and responsibilities of Board Members as per State and Federal laws
- As soon as practicable, after being appointed to the Board, the Fundraising Director must become familiar with Save Our Wildlife Foundation’s (SOWFI) constitution and the SA Associations Incorporation Act 1985.
- The Board is collectively responsible for ensuring that SOWFI complies with the Act and its constitution.
- Board members must exercise their powers and discharge their duties with reasonable care and diligence.
- Board members must exercise their powers and discharge their duties (a) in good faith in the best interests of the Association (b) for a proper purpose.
Previous experience in volunteer recruitment and management is essential. We are looking for someone committed to helping South Australian wildlife by offering their professional people skills to this young organisation. We believe a good culture within the organisation is critical and would appreciate your guidance on strategy and management. National Police Certificate is required.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.