- Location: Across: Canberra Airport ACT, Brisbane City QLD, Gold Coast Mc QLD, Tweed Heads NSW, Sydney NSW, Bundaberg QLD, Illawarra VIC, Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
1-3 hours a week.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Counselling & Help Line
- Fundraising & Events
- Garden Maintenance
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Food Preparation & Service
- Trades & Maintenance
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Music & Entertainment
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Inductions and training is provided, as well as access to a wealth of online learning and short courses.
This opportunity is open to those over the age of 18 only.
Join our team in calling our thousands of clients who are alone and concerned, to see how they're doing and address their needs.
This volunteer role particularly supports an emergency response to regular client welfare checks and support.
What does our ideal volunteer look like?
- Embodies a friendly and cheerful volunteer spirit
- Well-developed communication skills (written, verbal and listening) with highly developed telephone techniques in order to liaise effectively with clients
- Able and willing to travel to one of our villages
- Thrives on helping others
- Previous experience working within a high volume inbound/outbound call environment
- Contributes to the greater success of the organisation and is always willing to go the extra mile without being asked
- Operates with integrity, open-mindedness, and respect, ensuring the privacy, confidentiality, and dignity of our clients is maintained at all times
- Energised by interacting and engaging with people
- Ready to smash stereotypes around ageing
Work Perks (the good stuff!):
- Meet new people, make new friends, hear and share exciting stories
- Improve employment prospects
- Check-in on those who need it most
- Know your efforts volunteering for an award-winning not-for-profit organisation support an essential community service
- Be part of an organisation who’s shaking up the aged care industry
- Plus meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
- This is an office-based role, where you will be supported within our amazing office space right next to the beach in Coolangatta
If you’re motivated to contribute positively to your community then we would love to hear from you!
We encourage people with disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Variety is the spice of life - everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.