- Location: Chermside QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 12 midday till 4pm
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
Local orientation and hands on training will be provided.
- National Police Certificate *
All police checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All volunteers in residential aged care are required by legislation to have received a current influenza vaccination. This is a mandatory requirement and proof is required.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Address: St Marks, Wheller Gardens Aged Care Community, 930 Gympie Road, Chermside 4032.
Share skills and gain wisdom beyond your years!
St Marks in Wheller Gardens Aged Care Community at Chermside is seeking volunteers interested in spending time with our residents to help them express themselves through art.
Art in Action Volunteers assists residents by:
- Choosing a subject to paint or draw with the resident
- Talking about the painting or drawing process to the resident as they create their masterpiece
- Assisting the resident if they need a little help with their masterpiece
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences and your own skills during the activity
- Communicating resident feedback back to staff to assist in improving both the activity and resident enjoyment.
You don't have to be an expert in art, just have an appreciation of it and understand the importance t plays in our resident's lives.
This role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
We will supply all paper, paints and drawing equipment as well as a yummy afternoon tea.
Volunteer hours are available Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 12 midday till 4pm.
This program is located within the Wheller Gardens Aged Care Community where the residents enjoy a wonderful sense of life, fun, and friendship.
Wheller Gardens has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care and is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that really is making a difference in the lives of seniors in our Aged Care Communities.
To learn more about St Marks Aged Care please visit our WMQ website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.