- Location: Bentleigh VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Thursdays 1.00pm - 4.00pm
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Food Preparation & Service
- Companionship & Social Support
MiCare will provide training and MiCare staff will offer ongoing support
MiCare will do the police checks and Micare will pay for the Police Checks
- National Police Certificate *
2 contactable referees
Current Flu vaccine
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Micare provides Social Support Groups for independent multicultural seniors in Bentleigh. We are currently seeking a Russian speaking mature aged volunteer who enjoy encouraging interactions and providing social support for elderly citizens. The volunteers will assist our facilitator with this program.
Volunteers required to assist each Thursday from 1.00pm - 4.00pm in Bentleigh.
The Volunteers role will be as follows:
• Assist with set up and clean-up of room before and after program • Greet clients and talk with them • Ensure that clients have name tags • Assist with serving afternoon tea & clean up • Assist with games played • Conversation and interaction with individual clients • Assist clients to participate in group activities • Accept instructions from and report to the Program Activity Leader for daily activities.
*Light lifting will also be required.
To find out more please 'express interest' below and we will be in contact soon.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.