- Location: Tempe NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
One four-hour shift, preferably each week
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
Training and orientation will be provided.
Are you experienced or interested in food preparation? Will you enjoy working in a team of community-minded people? Are you committed to food rescue and repurposing?
The baking facility produces long life crispbread from fresh donated excess bread. The crispbread is provided to charities to share with the homeless or displaced, or those in need.
Successful applicants will work in a team for about four hours per week.
Duties may include
- placing individual bread slices on baking trays
- loading baking trays into the commercial oven (after training)
- monitoring the baking process
- removing toasted crispbread from the oven for cooling
- loading crispbread onto the commercial wrapping machine
- assembling boxes for packing crispbread
- packing and sealing boxes
- sweeping and cleaning down the facility
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to follow directions
- Clean, hygienic and safe work practices
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organisational skills
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer, helps you make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.