- Location: Across: Thornbury VIC, Reservoir VIC, Preston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
A few hours once a month for team meeting to plan upcoming events. 1-3 hours per week on preparing for events. A max of 6 events per year, which will be of half day, full day or weekend duration. Attendance at specific events is up to the individual and planned by the team, so you have input to what you attend.
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Sport & Physical Activity
Orientation webinar on girl guiding in Australia, two days of training as an Outdoor Leader, mentoring and learning on the job with the support of a highly experience Girl Guide Leader to give you the confidence and skills to lead activities in the future
Uniform and travel expenses outside Melbourne are reimbursed
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Be part of the team organising inspiring, challenging and exciting events for girl guides! This will enable girls to build leadership, challenge themselves, grow their personal skills and make new connections with the community. The team will be planning events for the 800+ girl guides across the northern and western suburbs of Melbourne.
The team will meet monthly to plan upcoming events. Events can include weekend camps, fundraising days, PR stalls, canoeing days, hiking, STEM workshops, leadership development, conservation activities and fun games. The events may be for girls aged from 5-17 years, or for a 5-9 year olds, or for 10-15 year olds, or for 14-17 year olds.
Specific experience of girl guides is not required.
Skills, experience and attitude required:
- Willingness to take part in activities with girls and join in with enthusiam
- Ability to work in teams and independently between meetings
- Ability to consider and manage risks around activities
- Enthusiasm for adventure
- Reliable internet access to allow collaboration between meetings (e.g. email, google drive, etc)
- Understanding of interests of girls and issues they are facing
- Strong communication skills to promote events to girls and other girl guide leaders.
Volunteering with girl guides allows you to help girls develop their personal and leadership skills and connects you with a network of women leaders of a variety of ages and experiences.
The role also provides the opportunity to become a qualified Girl Guides Outdoors Leader, able to be in charge of events.
After the initial interview, you will need to provide references, undertake a Working with Children Check and Police Check, and complete training the Girl Guides Victoria Child Safety Framework.