- Location: Bayswater VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Animal Welfare
To be confirmed
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
• Assist with or carrying out pet care, which may include grooming, feeding, exercising pets or giving medications to pets. • Keep in regular contact with the Pet Companion Coordinator and advise of any changes in your commitment or ability to assist. • If necessary to drive pets and clients to veterinary appointments. • Advise the Pet Companion Coordinator of any problems or concerns about a client or their pet. • Attend relevant training sessions at Bridges as advised by the coordinator. • A 6 month commitment is required as we need to consider our elderly/disabled clients.
• Volunteers should drive in a safe and responsible manner if transporting clients and pets to veterinary appointments. • Volunteers should have a non-judgmental attitude towards the clients. • Volunteers must preserve client confidentiality at all times. • Volunteers should be reliable and punctual with client appointments. • Volunteers should be comfortable and confident with animals.
Who will you be working with?
• Clients of the program. • The Coordinator of the program, Leonie Boyle. • The CEO of Bridges. • Other volunteers and staff at Bridges.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.