- Location: Port Lincoln SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Monday to Friday, days/times negotiable, kitchen open between 7am and 1pm. Hours are negotiable and dependent on the branches needs. We require a 1 year minimum commitment for all office bearer positions, so please only apply if available longer term.
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Training is provided, and support is given from the Branch Support Officer at Central Office.
- National Police Certificate *
Application Form and Police Clearance.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation working throughout South Australia. Since 1954, we have assisted many people in the community to live independently in their own homes by providing meals for up to 7 days. Delivering hot, delicious, nutritious 3 course meals on week-days and frozen meals for weekends, public holiday and other times when clients may need to be away from home. Our clients include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury.
Our Port Lincoln Branch is currently looking for a VOLUNTARY Assistant Chair to assist the Chair to be responsible for the smooth running of the branch by:
- ensuring that board policies are complied with
- ensuring that the rules and procedures set out in the Policies and Procedures Manual are observed at all branch and committee meetings
- ensuring that any new directives by the Board and Central Office are carried out throughout the branch
- dealing with any escalated conflicts at branch level that the Volunteer Coordinator has been unable to resolve, and if necessary conferring with Central Office
The Assistant Chair assists in this role and acts as branch chair when the chair is not available.