- Location: Mount Barker SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Available one day between Monday and Friday, specific days and hours negotiable. We require a 12 month minimum commitment, so please only apply if available longer term.
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Training is provided, and support is given from the Branch Support Officer at Central Office.
- National Police Certificate *
- Some bookkeeping knowledge is desirable
- Computer skills are an advantage, or willingness to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confidence in dealing with issues with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Support and training will be provided by the Corporate Services department in an ongoing manner
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Reporting to the Chair, the Treasurer is responsible for overseeing the branch financial transactions including:
- Maintaining a record of all receipts, payments and other financial transactions
- Paying all accounts in a timely manner to suppliers, volunteers and central office
- Overseeing direct debit payments for clients in consultation with other office bearers (e.g. Client Services Coordinator) as required
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintaining the database for the branch finance module (e.g. entering all payment and receipt transactions off the bank statement, adding new suppliers etc.)
- At the request of the Corporate Services department, cooperating with the external auditor in preparing the association’s accounts
- Providing a quarterly financial statement to the branch committee and Corporate Services department, including meal costs and other financial information as directed.
- Ensuring that any new directives by the Board and Central Office are carried out throughout the branch (e.g. new finance polices are adhered to)
- Maintenance of branch financial records
- Preparation of quarterly branch financial statement
- Preparation for and attendance at branch meetings and the annual general meeting
- Attendance at conferences, workshops and training arranged by Central Office