- Location: Across: Brisbane City QLD, Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Darwin NT, Perth WA, Australian Capital Territory ACT, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Marketing, Media & Communications
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups - to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
To expand Neighbourhood Connect through leading a team to get our message out to relevant groups and organisations.
Your challenge is to achieve the following outcomes:
- People contact us expressing their willingness to initiate a neighbour group (Connectors)
- Groups that only connect online take up our offer to help them connect in real life
- Existing neighbour groups join the Neighbourhood Connect Network
- know how to lead on promotion (ie to drive this area, not just contribute)
- have good judgement to determine the right message for specific groups
- are interested in contributing to a community building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhoods movement
- have good promotion, communication and mentoring skills
- are self-motivated, goal driven and reliable
As our Promotion Outreach Leader you will:
- Lead a small team who use social media, emailing and other methods to get our message out to the right groups and organisations.
- Lead on identifying, planning and implementing promotion outreach strategies (such as sending messages to relevant Facebook groups, sending out newsletter items, messages for volunteers at other organisations…)
- Mentor and motivate team members who contribute to Promotion Outreach
- Liaise with the Leadership Team
- Suggest ways of strengthening the messages we use in Promotion Outreach.
What help will we give you?
- Help and advice from Maureen Maher, Communications Manager, via phone and email
- Video conference meetings for the Communications Team.
What will you get from this?
- You’ll be contributing to the success of a national community building project which is making a positive difference in many people’s lives
- The opportunity to use or develop your promotion outreach skills
- The opportunity to use or enhance your leadership, mentoring and communication skills
- Being part of a national project and seeing it grow and develop
- A reference and referee to assist with your career.
Is this a big commitment?
This can be done on top of a busy life. The amount of time you can contribute and when you do this is up to you, but we would like a minimum of half a day a week. Your work is done from your home (there is no office).
Take the next step
Apply with the following:
- why this interests you
- your experience with promotion, achieving outcomes and leading others
- your contact details.
If you have any questions please call the National Manger, Irene Opper, on 0413 706 233.