- Location: Across: Brisbane City QLD, Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Darwin NT, Perth WA, Australian Capital Territory ACT, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups - to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
To lead on gaining resources through corporate sponsorship of Neighbourhood Connect.
- have experience gaining corporate sponsorship for a good cause
- are interested in contributing to a community building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhoods movement
- have good leadership and communication skills
- are self-motivated, goal driven and reliable
As our Corporate Sponsorship Leader you will:
- Identify and approach suitable businesses to provide financial and / or in-kind support to Neighbourhood Connect.
- Identify and communicate what we can offer to Corporates.
- Ensure we deliver on any promises / contracts with Corporates.
- Liaise with the Leadership Team and team members who can assist you.
- Collect information and logos for our ‘Friends and Supporters’ page of our website.
What help will we give you?
- Help and advice from the Leadership Team via phone and email.
What will you get from this?
- You’ll be contributing to the success of a national community building project which is making a positive difference in many people’s lives
- The opportunity to use or develop your fundraising and corporate sponsorship skills
- The opportunity to use or enhance your leadership and communication skills
- Being part of a national project and seeing it grow and develop
- A reference and referee to assist with your career.
Is this a big commitment?
This can be done on top of a busy life. The amount of time you can contribute and when you do this is up to you, but we would like a minimum of half a day a week. Your work is done from your home (there is no office).
Take the next step
Apply with the following:
- why this interests you
- your experience with gaining corporate sponsorship
- your contact details.
If you have any questions please call the National Manager, Irene Opper, on 0413 706 233.