- Location: Gilles Plains SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Any day between 8.30 am and 4pm.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
Sighted Guide Training is provided
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Current Drivers licence
Punctual and reliable
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Days and times are flexible around the schedule. The role involves picking up clients from their homes and driving them to the recreation programs and then driving them back home with participation in group activities and outings.
Your average day will involve you pick up the bus from the Gilles Plains office and driving along to pick up the members from their homes to the prescribed destination and stay with the group and assist with the recreational outings. You will assist the members back into the bus and drive them home before delivering the bus back.
This is a great way to get involved in your community, make new friends and spend time with a fun, friendly group of people.