- Location: Ashburton VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Ongoing during school terms the shifts are 3:15pm - 6:15pm and available Monday - Friday. During mid term breaks shifts are available from 8.15am - 6.15pm assisting with outings and activities
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Volunteers aged 17 and above are encouraged to apply.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our social club is designed for children aged 5 - 15 to experience a fun and safe club where they can grow in their experiences of each other and our great city.
Over January the club will run for 2 weeks 8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday. Our volunteers will be involved in:
- Meeting and greeting the children on arrival
- Building a rapport with the children
- Supporting the staff as required during outings
- Providing an extra set of eyes
- Encouraging participation
- Visits to zoos, parks, movies and more
During school term the club is based on site and runs Monday - Friday 3:15pm - 6:15pm. Volunteer roles will include:
- Setting up the room
- Preparing afternoon tea
- Joining in activities
- Being an extra set of eyes
- Building relationship with students
- Support with cleaning up after the afternoon tea
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.