- Location: Perth WA
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Recreation
Hours will be flexible, with the opportunity to work from home. Period required approx. mid-Feb.-early May 2020.
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Driver's Licence (C)
This opportunity is open to applicants who a have a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience.
The successsful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual who will join our HikeWest team and have a key role in our successful delivery of the inaugural WA Hiking Expo to be held on 3 May 2020 in the Perth Hills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day coordination and execution of the Hiking EXPO event through existing implementation phase to event day
- Work in close liaison with event manager.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with venue provider, venue land managers, prospective and committed sponsors, stallholders, special attraction-providers, venue services provider/s, event volunteers, participating member clubs and other stakeholders
- Coordinate recruitment and participation of event volunteers
- Coordinate the event delivery on the day, including but not limited to: liaison with MC & stallholders, running sheets etc.
To be successful in this role you will need the following attributes:
- Previous event management/coordination experience
- Organisational, project/event management and administrative skills
- Relationship-building and stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills
- A high level of commitment and reliability
- A proven multi-tasker
If this sounds like you, please ensure your 'Interests, skills & qualifications' profile includes your experience in event coordination and/or event management and/or project management. Please note only selected candidates for interview will be contacted. Hours will be flexible, with the opportunity to work from home.