- Location: Campbelltown NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Clemente Learning Partner assists a student studying one university-level humanities subject each semester. Learning Partners develop mentoring arrangements with students to assist in assignment presentation, clarification of lecture material and basic computing skills.
- Provide a student with support, encouragement and study skill assistance (help with organisational skills, essay writing, internet searches, research and library use)
- Assist the student to develop complementary skills required by the course
- Pursue the above tasks in the context of a developing relationship by engendering trust and building self-esteem
- Compliance with organisational policies and procedures, legislation, Work Health and Safety, environment and diversity and a commitment to quality systems and continuous improvement.
Wednesday 12.30- 2.30 for a 12 week semester
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer literacy at a level to assist with internet research and formatting assignments
- General research and library skills
- Mentoring skills in encouraging personal development in others
- An ability to interact and deal sensitively with students from different backgrounds who may be dealing issues - homelessness, drug or alcohol addiction, mental health or other disabilities
- A high level of customer service skills
- An alignment with and empathy for people from all community sectors
- Communication skills - written and verbal with a wide range of stakeholders
- Basic computer skills - ICT office environment
- A university degree or current undergraduate studies is preferred
High ethical standard, is trustworthy and confidential, works well individually and within a team
Consideration and respect for others and their views and adapts to changing environments
Enthusiastic, projects a positive image with good attention to detail, efficiency and effectiveness
Commitment to ethos of St Vincent de Paul Society with a clear understanding of the role and ethos of the Society and its objectives, along with evidence of a strong commitment to reflect its mission and values in all dealings with employees, volunteers and those whom we assist.