- Location: Chermside QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Afternoon shifts available - Monday to Friday
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Local orientation and hands on training will be provided.
- National Police Certificate *
All police checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All volunteers in residential aged care are required by legislation to have received a current influenza vaccination. This is a mandatory requirement and proof is required.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Wesley Mission Queensland St Marks aged care community at Chermside is seeking volunteers to assist with the resident lifestyle program on week day afternoons. This afternoon program can include assisting with the afternoon activities such as bowling, cooking, singalongs, art and craft and so much more. These activities assist residents with improving fitness levels, promoting a sense of wellbeing and encouraging community connectedness. Most importantly they bring joy and create smiles!
The Social Support Volunteer can assist residents by:
- Providing support and reassurance while residents are involved in various activities.
- Ensuring residents remain actively engaged, encouraged and inspired.
- Encouraging independence, friendship and fun in a relaxed environment.
- Developing meaningful relationships.
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences
- Communicating resident feedback back to staff to assist in improving both the activity and resident enjoyment.
Set amongst the leafy grounds of the larger Wheller Gardens Community St Marks is home to 62 residents. Life at St Marks promotes a holistic approach of care, maintaining the physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing of residents. The home boasts an outdoor area where family and friends can gather.
Volunteering hours available for this role are from 1pm to 4pm Monday to Friday (flexible).
This role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner.
St Marks has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care. It has is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally
To learn more about St Marks Aged Care please visit our WMQ website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.