- Location: Tasmania TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
All volunteer roles are entirely flexible for the volunteer.
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
- Garden Maintenance
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Food Preparation & Service
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Training is provided as well as access to a fantastic online library of resources for you ongoing learning.
- National Police Certificate *
If successful, volunteers will be required to undergo a National Police Check, paid for by Feros Care.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
How can you help? When it comes to In Great Company, our volunteers offer a rich wealth of skills and interests, making the opportunities endless. Here are some of the most popular examples to guide you:
- help with small tasks around the home and garden, such as tidying, washing dishes, gardening, sorting out those cupboards, or cooking together;
- accompanying or transporting clients to appointments, social outings, or other outdoor activities;
- spending quality time with someone while their carer has a break;
- playing games, chatting over a cuppa, or simply spending time together in the home;
- helping the client to rekindle a hobby or light sport once enjoyed
- helping a client to learn the use of technology to connect to family and community.
What does our ideal volunteer look like?
- Embodies a friendly and cheerful volunteer spirit
- Tech savvy- with a smart mobile phone
- Able and willing to travel to clients
- Thrives on helping others
- Operates with integrity, open-mindedness and respect, ensuring the privacy, confidentiality and dignity of our clients is maintained at all times
- Energised by interacting and engaging with people
- Ready to smash stereotypes around ageing
What to bring:
- Enjoy going out and being part of a greater community
- Desire to make a genuine difference in the lives of seniors
- Be compassionate, patient, observant and a good listener
Perks (the good stuff!):
- Meet new people, make new friends, hear and share exciting stories
- Improve employment prospects
- Access free training
- Spend quality time enjoying new and exciting social and cultural experiences
- Truly flexible and innovative environment- volunteering for an award-winning not-for-profit organisation who are shaking up the aged care industry
- Meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
Just a small amount of your time as a volunteer can make a huge difference to the life of another person. A helping hand, a listening ear, and a friendly smile can all make someone feel more socially connected, and inspire them to rekindle life skills and hobbies they once enjoyed. Your company can provide support in remaining independent and connected to community, not to mention sharing many smiles along the way.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING STEPS TO APPLY: **
**Following submitting this application on Seek Volunteering you will receive a link via email which will you will need to follow to our intake and recruitment portal. **
**Please click on this link and follow the prompts to submit your application directly to In Great Company. **
Thank you for your help with this process, and we cannot wait to welcome you!
Kind Regards The In Great Company Team
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.