- Location: Capalaba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role will take place at our Capalaba Service on Fridays from 10am to 2pm.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Disability Support
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests.
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you! Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? . We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Here’s a volunteer opportunity you’ve Terra-gotta see!
Passionate about pots? Potty about plates? Perfect! Join us every week as a volunteer pottery mentor and share your talents and skills in the art of pottery with artists in your community! We can’t provide a Patrick Swayze, or a Demi Moore, but we do have all the materials and equipment required to create beautiful works of pottery available at our CPL service. Express your interest today, o-clay?
As the volunteer Pottery Mentor you will be:
- Demonstrating and mentoring the art of pottery to clients
- Supporting and encouraging clients to create their own pottery and 3D art
- Sharing your talent and expertise with staff to allow for ongoing projects
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
**This volunteer role will take place at our Capalaba Service on Fridays from 10am to 2pm. **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.