- Location: Queensland QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Moderators are not rostered on to specific shifts or times. The time commitment is variable, however Moderators are expected to regularly login to the group.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Writing & Editing
Training will be provided prior to commencement
Our ideal volunteer will:
• Have lived with arthritis for at least two years.
• Be a current member of one of our Online Support Groups (ideal, but not necessary).
• Feel that they in a personal position to be able to focus on providing support to the Group ahead of receiving support from the Group.
• Be passionate about providing support to people living with arthritis.
• Have experience of moderating an online support group (ideal, but not necessary).
• Be open to continual learning and constructive criticism designed to improve our services.
Arthritis Queensland is an organization that aims to improve the lives of people with arthritis, endeavouring to help people learn how to better manage the condition. We run three online support groups for those facing the challenges of life with arthritis.
We are now looking for online moderators that are willing to draw on their personal experience to provide support, encourage positive behavioural changes and manage the day to day activity within our online groups on a regular but flexible basis.
Key Responsibilities would include: • Adding and welcoming new Members to the Group. • Making and engaging with posts and comments, where appropriate • Checking in on group posts and discussions, and ensuring compliance with Group Rules • Reporting Complaints to Admins. In return, volunteers can gain benefits including: • Drawing on your personal experience to help improve the lives of people living with arthritis. • Further developing your own knowledge of arthritis, treatment options, and available services and information for those living with arthritis. • Building upon your online interpersonal and communication skills. • Joining a vibrant team of staff and volunteers and feel a sense of achievement each day knowing you are making a difference. • Flexible location and time commitments