- Location: Across: Port Hedland WA, South Hedland WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
A few hours every month on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays.
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
Training is all provided by qualified and experienced staff and volunteers with a mix of hands on and theory work, You will be required to complete introduction to bushfire and bush firefighting courses before being able to attend emergency's
# A willingness to work in a fantastic team
# Good sense of humour
The Hedland Bush Fire Brigade is currently recruiting for volunteer bush firefighters We are a dynamic team of Male & Female Firefighters dedicated to the communities of Western Australia currently we are in need of more firefighters to join our team :
- Form part of a team responding to urgent request for help with fires in the Port and South Hedland as well as the greater Hedland region
- Maintain a high level of readiness during bushfire season.
- Support other local brigades as required.
- Attend meetings and training session
- Assist in community events and fundraising
Skills to be learnt:
- Minimum of Introduction to firefighting and bushfire fighting.
- Other optional courses available include; structural firefighting, pump operations, machine supervisor, plantation firefighting. Do as much or as little as you want.
_Still not sure , Don't hesitate get in touch with us for a chat or pop down_