- Location: Mitchell Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Kitchen volunteers arrive from 5:30pm and leave at approximately 8:30pm after clean-up is done, it would be expected that the Head Chef on the night is able to be there by 5:30pm to start supervising in the kitchen, and leave last to ensure the kitchen is left clean and tidy.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
Sufficient training provided while working with current Head Chefs
- National Police Certificate *
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
MarionLIFE’s Community Meals are served every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. The meal provides an opportunity for members of the local community to gather together in a friendly and non-judgmental atmosphere around tasty food. Anyone is welcome and people pay what they can afford.
Volunteers work in a team, and the specific tasks and duties of a Head Chef include:
- Planning the meal & shopping for groceries
- Delegating and supporting the kitchen volunteers in preparing food
- Supervising and ensuring food and kitchen safe practices are followed at all times
- Counting money at the end of the meal alongside another volunteer
- Ensuring all clean-up and pack-up is completed at the end of the night